We are happy to announce that we are now reopening our offices for all patients. We are actively calling patients who are overdue for appointments, but you are welcome to call us at your convenience if you would like to schedule an appointment.
During our downtime, we’ve never worked so hard. We’ve participated in educational webinars, collaborated with colleagues, and launched renovations. We’ve altered our clinic and reception area, and expanded our PPE inventory. We’ve participated in training by experts in infection control, CDC guidelines, Universal Precautions and social distancing. We initiated these changes to protect you and your family, as well as our employees. We thank you for your patience with re-scheduling missed appointments, restricting entry to the clinic for non-patients, not allowing family members or siblings wait in our office lobby, as well as other measures mandated by the American Dental Association and the Center for Disease Control.
You will also appreciate that we are now able to offer certain Teledentistry services by way of virtual appointments. These include appointments such as a preliminary exam/consultation, review progress with aligners, retainer checks, evaluate growth and tooth eruption on young observation patients, or assess appliance breakage – all from the convenience of your home without driving to our office!
For those coming to the office for appointments, please read the following protocol carefully. We have reduced the number of patients scheduled each day to allow for at least 6’ distancing between patients, and we have instituted the following important changes to ensure maximum safety during this pandemic:
- The day before your appointment, you will be sent an email with COVID-19 information for you to print, complete, sign, and bring to the appointment (If you don’t have a printer, you can complete it at the office).
- The day of your appointment, please take your temperature and brush your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is currently closed to eliminate transfer of bacteria or viruses.
- Please bring your completed COVID-19 paperwork (linked here) to the appointment and wear a mask or bandana.
- When you arrive at the office, call us to check in (Rockville: 301-977-4200; Olney: 301-774-1600). We will have you come in as soon as we are ready to see you. We ask that the patient proceed to the clinic area unaccompanied by family members except under special circumstances. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. We’ve always loved inviting parents into the clinic; however, parents cannot enter the clinic until further restrictions are lifted. We are happy to provide children with a phone or tablet to allow parents to be virtually present during the appointment via Facetime or Doxy.
- Do not drink anything cold or hot before you arrive. We will be checking your temperature with a touch-free scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If that is the case, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Patients will notice a one-way patient “flow”, marked by arrows on the floor, to minimize proximity between patients who are arriving and leaving.
- If the patient was driven to the appointment, we will call to inform the parent/ family member when the appointment is over. The next appointment can be scheduled at that time as well.
We thank you for your understanding during this challenging time, and we are so grateful for your continued confidence in our practice. We look forward to seeing you soon!